The Executive will primarily work with managers and supervise administrators, but also have exposure to the case partners. Insolvency Cases will generally be of a more complex and international nature, broadly involving asset realisation, investigating company affairs and reporting to stakeholders.
Haven’t got time to register? Just call us to find out more020 7250 0000
Case Management and Compliance
This is the key part of the role and in carrying it out, it is important to report to managers on a regular basis to update them on case progression and any compliance issues encountered:
• Actively make suggestions regarding progression of the case and agree strategy with managers.
• Able to adapt to working with different managers and changing workloads.
• Understands what is important and or urgent, prioritises workload to ensure case progression and meeting of deadlines.
• Ensure that cases are progressed expediently and efficiently.
• Understands and adheres to office and departmental procedures and risk management requirements eg money laundering, risk management manual.
• International asset tracing and recovery.
• Reviewing and amending witness statements and affidavits in various jurisdictions following guidance from solicitors.
• Preparing and reviewing documentation for complex legal disputes with various parties.
• Investigating misconduct by company officers and others.
• Understands the critical nature of strong data and document management in live litigation cases.
• Must be able to understand and interpret accounts and other financial information.
• To have some understanding of accounting standards.
• Demonstrate good writing skills by preparing clear correspondence, reports and analyses with little supervision.
• To be able to draft long form and bullet point reports.
• Drafts comprehensive file notes of meetings and calls, maintains clear audit trails and files for ease of reference and for support in legal proceedings if required.
• Be able to deal with most third parties (including creditors, solicitors and agents) and make appropriate recommendations.
• To be able to interview company employees and gain their confidence.
• Manage asset realisations including liaising with solicitors, agents and employees on site
• Able to quickly assimilate data.
• Have an understanding of the Firm's software packages available for analysis of information, and utilise them properly in order to minimise time spent by team members analysing the information.
• Has a reasonable understanding of insolvency legislation, and the types of appointments taken on by the department, shows a willingness to learn about and apply relevant legislation in other jurisdictions.
• Understand and prepare a statement of affairs, deficiency account and an estimated outcome statement.
• Understands the differences between fixed and floating charges, including sensitivities of recoveries under floating charge to size of preferential creditors and prescribed part.
• Demonstrate understanding of security reviews.
• Able to identify "win-win" situations for client and firm and understands potential trade-offs between fee and profit maximisation and long term business with client.
• Demonstrates excellent research skills including IT skills and thinks in a logical and structured manner whilst bringing commerciality into analysis and findings in terms of proportionate work and interpretation of findings.
• Identifies the means of optimising financial returns in a client context and begins to understand potential trade-offs between financial and non-financial outcomes.
• Collects and presents information (verbal and written) to clients and managers/partners in a logical manner.
• Can adapt style to best interact with clients from different cultures.
• Flexibility to be able to travel overseas to clients'/intermediaries' offices where necessary.
Operations and results
Managing cases for profit
• Prepares and works within budgets where appropriate so that agreed recovery targets can be achieved.
• Ensures bills are raised and collected in accordance with billing plan on all cases.
• Ensures own and other individuals' timesheets are submitted on time.
Location: Central London
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £45,000 - £48,000 pa
Job Ref: CM512