Restructuring Manager - Manchester
A premier client are seeking a Restructuring Manchester in their Manchester office. The role would ideally suit a high performing, ambitious current Manager who is looking to challenge themselves on complex cases and represent an international brand.
Haven’t got time to register? Just call us to find out more
020 7250 0000
The successful candidate will either be at a Big 4, top 10 or advisory boutique. Previous, hands on advisory experience is essential as the successful candidate will be required to hit the ground running in a busy team.
You will work on high profile assignments ranging from insolvency to advising on the restructuring and financial turnarounds. Working with some of the best in the Restructuring Services field, you will be exposed to a wide variety of projects within a highly commercial, client focused environment.
They are renowned for their innovative and collaborative culture, commitment to delivering outstanding quality service to clients and enabling their people to excel in everything they do. The team provides services to a wide variety of stakeholders in under-performing, financially distressed or insolvent businesses.
As a Manager will find the work is extremely varied – from investigating the causes of underperformance through independent commercial and financial reviews, advising and supporting in the design of restructuring solutions, preparation of financial turnaround plans, and acting as insolvency practitioners.
They regularly work on international assignments involving cross-border as well as cross-service line teams requiring their team to build wide networks across both the UK and International firm.
You will have responsibility for:
- Working in a team, undertaking detailed financial and commercial analysis to identify key issues facing underperforming businesses
- Working with stakeholders (management/investors/banks) to identify the different recovery and restructuring options available to clients
- Undertaking critical analysis of trading and cash flow forecasts, preparing estimated outcome statements and evaluating other financial data and key business functions
- Review and analysis of historical trading, projections, and underlying assumptions along with critical appraisal of key risks and potential sensitivities
- Review of the adequacy of existing funding facilities, including consideration of financing limits, term and covenants
- Assistance with and management of corporate insolvencies, including sole responsibility for specific tasks such as monitoring financial performance and estimated outcomes, supplier negotiations and sale of business
- Project management of key work areas, and management of junior team members, including responsibility for internal and regulatory compliance Having a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
To qualify for the role you must have:
- A strong academic track record, degree qualified at 2.1 grade or above
- ACA/CA/ACCA or equivalent qualification
- Experience of working in a professional services environment ideally from a financial advisory team but an audit or tax background will also be considered
- Strong commercial acumen and market awareness
- Proven project management skills
- Highly numerate with attention to detail and the ability to absorb quickly large amounts of data
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills, with ability to quickly and accurately interpret and manipulate data
- Client focused with the ability to establish effective working relationships
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong Microsoft PowerPoint, report writing and reviewing skills, with an appropriate focus on attention to detail, conciseness and risk management
- Ideally (but not a prerequisite) a good working knowledge of different insolvency procedures and a knowledge of the Enterprise Act and the Insolvency Act together with related insolvency legislation/case law.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 pa
Job Ref: MTIR03445